- From your group page click Group Wiki under Group Tools.
How to Create a Wiki Page
Each newly created course or group wiki requires a first page, which is the home page. You or any course or group member can create the home page. The home page cannot be deleted, but if the wiki is open to editing, it can be edited by any course or group member. The home page and all subsequent pages are created following the same steps.
- On the Create Wiki Page, type a Name.
- Type text in the Content text box. Format the text and add images, links, multimedia, mashups, and attachments using the functions in the Attachments added using the content editor can be launched in a new window and have alternate text added to describe the attachment.
- Click Submit.
How to Edit Wiki Content
Any course member can edit a course wiki page and any group member can edit a group wiki page.
When a wiki page is being edited by one user, it is locked to prevent others from editing the same page. If a user tries to edit a page someone else is editing, he or she is informed that the page is currently being edited by another user.
- Access the wiki. The wiki topic page appears.
- Select the page to review and edit. The wiki page opens in the content frame.
- Click Edit Wiki Content next to the page’s title in the content frame.
- On the Edit Wiki Page, changes can be made to the name and content of the page. Additional content can be added. Use the functions in the existing text or add links, images, multimedia, mashups, attachments, and link to other wiki pages.
- Click Submit.
Select History from a page’s contextual menu to see how the page has been modified, view any version, and compare two versions side by side. The Page History page allows you to retrieve information about the development of any page and see who contributed content. The most recent version of the page appears first. Students cannot delete wiki page versions from the Page History page.
How to Link to Other Wiki Pages
When wiki pages are created they are created in alphabetical order. You may need to reference another page in the wiki. If the wiki consists of many pages, it can be helpful to insert a link to that page right on the page currently being viewed. When creating or editing a wiki page, users can use the Link to Wiki page function in the link to another wiki page within the current wiki.
- In the Content text box, position the mouse pointer where a link will be added to another wiki page.
- Click the Link to Wiki page function in the Text Editor, represented by several sheets of paper. If there is only one page in the wiki, this function is disabled.
- In the pop-up window, select the wiki page to link to from the drop-down list.
- Optionally, type a name for the link in the Rename Wiki Page Link text box. If the link is not renamed, the original page title is used as the link.
- Click Submit. The link appears in the Text Editor.
How to Create A Group Wiki pdf