Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a high quality, browser based web conferencing platform built into your Blackboard course. It offers a more collaborative, interactive, and mobile learning experience for you, your instructor and fellow classmates. Your instructor may schedule real time webinars in the course through Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Please note, that your instructor controls which tools are available. If this tool is not available, your instructor may have disabled it.
How to Join a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Session
Depending on the session and moderator, you can join a session directly from a web link, from your course and from your phone.
1. From a web link: Your moderator has sent you a link to join the session. Open the link in your browser. Blackboard Collaborate is at the top of the screen. It mentions what session you are joining and there is a place for you to type your name. Select Join Session after typing your name.
2. From your course: Open Collaborate from inside your course. It opens in your learning management system.
3. From your phone: If offered by your institution, you can use the telephony feature to communicate with other users.
4. From the Blackboard app: You can launch sessions from the Blackboard app when links are provided in your courses.
To access in your course
- If your instructor has set up a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session for a certain time, you will log into Blackboard within that time frame and click on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra tool.
- Click on the Name of the session that your instructor has created.
- You will now be entered into the Blackboard Collaborate Session. If this is the first time you have accessed a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session, you will be presented with an orientation tour.
- After the tour, you will be prompted to set up your microphone and web cam so you can start collaborating as shown in the image below. Be sure to set up your microphone/speakers and webcam.
- You will now join the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra webinar for your course.