Off Campus Proctor Request
Humber College offers different proctoring options to those students who are in an online course and unable to write the final exam under their instructor’s direct supervision (on-campus).
This option is only for students who are more than 100 km away from Humber College's North campus.
Requests should be submitted 4 weeks before your final exam date to allow for processing.
- Please ensure that you have secured/contacted a proctor and collected all the necessary information to properly complete the form.
- The Off campus proctor MUST be a university or college and MUST have a business email address. Personal emails are not acceptable.
- Off campus proctoring fees might apply and are the responsibility of the student, this includes having the exam couriered back to Humber if necessary. Fees are determined by the proctoring institution, not Humber College.
- To fill out the required information, click the Off-Campus Request Form button below.
Humber Test Centre
Please Note: The test centre will only be accepting students who are registered with Accessible Learning Services (students have special needs or requirements for exams) during final exams.
If you are not able to make the final exam date set by your instructor, please contact your instructor for alternative options. Each faculty has made alternate arrangements for conflict testing.
If you are registered with Accessible Learning Services, please see the tab below for more information or contact your course instructor.
Virtual Proctor Request
Requests should be submitted 4 weeks before your final exam date to allow for processing. Students are required to have all technical requirements listed below and fees apply for this service. See below for full information.
With Virtual Proctoring, you can take the exam online from the comfort of your own home or in a secure, isolated, private location. To see how Virtual Proctoring works, click here to watch the video.
Virtual Proctoring Fees
2 Hour Virtual Proctoring Session - A standard two hour virtual proctoring session will cost $60. If your exam is completed in less than two hours, you are still responsible for the full $60 charge.
3 Hour Virtual Proctoring Session - A three hour virtual proctoring session will cost $80. If your exam is completed in less than three hours, you are still responsible for the full $80 charge.
Missed Appointment - Missed your scheduled virtual proctoring exam appointment? A $25 penalty fee for a two hour booked session and a $35 penalty fee for a three hour booked session will apply. If you rebook the virtual proctored exam, you will need to pay the difference for a new session.
Example – Tanya paid $60 for her Thursday 9am virtual proctoring session. Unfortunately, she missed her exam window. Humber College will hold back $25 of her fee. If Tanya wishes to reschedule, she will need to pay an additional $25 to reschedule the exam again. The $35 remaining from her initial payment will be applied to the rebooking. If she does not reschedule, Humber will return the difference (minus the penalty fee).
Left Your Session Abruptly? Had technical difficulties during your session and your virtual proctoring session ended early? Humber College and Examity will review these situations on a case-by-case basis. If the technical difficulties are associated to the virtual proctoring vendor, then no financial penalty will apply. Technical difficulties associated to the student (student tech specs did not meet our minimum requirements, browser add-ons were not turned off) will result in a $25 or $35 (2 hour or 3 hour) “no-show” penalty (similar to the missed appointment penalty). We strongly encourage students to read and meet the minimum technical requirements related to the virtual proctoring process.
Important note: Payment must be received from student before they write their final exam. Exam proctoring fee is non refundable
You are required have the following to be eligible for Virtual Proctoring. Not having the technical requirements may result in failed completion of the exam and an extra fee.
Please review the following before submitting your request:
- Desktop computer or laptop (not a tablet or cell phone). Dual screens are not permitted.
- High-speed internet connection (5 Mbps or higher - upload and download speeds). Hot spots/wifi are not recommended. To test: http://www.speedtest.net
- Wired, solid internet connection (no wifi).
- Microphone (built in or external) and speakers
- Webcam with 640x480 video pixel resolution. To test: https://webcamtests.com
- Operating systems: Windows 8 or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – or newer.
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled and launched on private/incognito mode.
- Browser versions needed: Google Chrome v39 or later, Mozilla Firefox v34 or later, Internet Explorer v8 or later, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari v6 or later.
- To fill out the required information, click the Virtual Proctor Request Form button below.
ADDITIONAL ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
General Assessment Request Policies
- All fees associated with proctoring are the responsibility of the student.
- Late proctor requests will be accepted but time and date options may be potentially severely restricted.
- Requests submitted are sent to the instructor of the course for approval, exam dates and details.
- Humber College reserves the right to reject any proposed proctor or any previously approved proctor.
- Humber College reserves the right to reject any proctor request (Off-Campus or Virtual).
Accessible Learning Services
- Students with disabilities are entitled to be accommodated at Humber. Our accessibility consultants will help you address potential barriers so that you can focus on your studies and succeed.
- Accessible Learning Services facilitates equal access for students with disabilities by coordinating academic accommodations and services.
- They will work collaboratively with students and faculty to ensure that the academic environment is accessible.
- Whether students are studying online or in-person, when barriers to learning are identified, we offer a range of supports including academic accommodations, assistive technology training and learning supports.
For more information about Accessible Learning Services at Humber.
If you are currently registered with Accessible Learning Services at Humber and need accommodation in the Humber Test Centre, please contact your course instructor to arrange your accomodations in the test centre. If you have any questions about process, you can also contact the OLC.
For courses that have the section code in an 800 series ( i.e. 808, 818 etc) these courses are generally offered through Ontariolearn.com.
Final Exam Information
- Students who are registered at Humber for an Ontariolearn course will receive an email from email@example.com with their exam date and time.
- Students who are registered at another college, are local and would like to write at Humber need to email firstname.lastname@example.org . When sending the email please include your name, the college you are taking the course with and the name of the course you are taking.
Humber's Ontariolearn contact: Sandy Shivratan - email@example.com
Why a Final Exam
In most cases, credit-based online courses have a final exam, which is typically supervised on-campus at Humber College (North Campus). Your instructor will confirm the final exam details in your online course at least 4 weeks before the end of the course.
However, if you cannot come to Humber to write your final exam, the Open Learning Centre (OLC) will be happy to assist you in making the arrangements at another educational institution or through a virtual proctoring option. Please review the two Proctoring Options we offer - Off-Campus Testing Centres and Virtual Proctoring.